Time in London

What time is it in London?

Sunday, July 21, 2013

It's Not My Cup of Tea

Whirlwind trip to Paris. I feel fortunate that I returned to London with all of my belongings. Signs everywhere warning of pickpockets. Our professor's husband, Harry, joined us on our adventure and added a layer to the group dynamic that had been missing. In one word: Harry is cool. Thank you for going with us. His "C'mon kids" is still warmly ringing in my ears. No student left behind.

There are any number of photos that I could post detailing our adventures in Paris. Unfortunately I don't have any of our last stop before I rode the train back to London. The last stop was a restaurant that I will never be able to find again in a million years. I don't know what it was about this establishment because we have eaten together as a group before. Somehow, this place had us relaxing and enjoying each other for the first time. There was singing, dancing, laughing, HUGGING, and a wonderful ease in our own company. It was a reward at the end of a hard day.

One of my flatmates showed tremendous courage while we were at the Eiffel Tower. I've had the pleasure of learning a lot of things from the individuals in my group. Some lessons I'll be able to take away and use while others I will discard. The lesson I learned from my flatmate I won't be able to use or discard. I'll just have to file it away. Maybe one day I'll do something that I otherwise wouldn't have the courage to do because of her example. She thinks because she needed support that somehow she failed. Au contrair, mon ami.




1 comment:

  1. I want to hear about that restaurant! When are you coming back?

    ReplyDelete