Time in London

What time is it in London?

Thursday, July 11, 2013

It's a Dry Eyed Day

OK - I'm a crier. About everything. I try to stifle my sniffles but they pick the most embarrassing or inopportune time to just burst out of me. Except while I was at The British Library. Nothing - not even a hint of moisture. What was wrong with me that I felt so cold about this really cool place? I was surrounded by classmates who were moved to tears by Lady Jane Grey's prayer book and Shakespeare's First Folio. Well, I wanted to cry too! But what I really wanted was to have the feeling of wanting to cry. I really want to fit in with my group and feel passionate about the old books and the sheer volume of items in The British Library's collection but today was a perfect example of what an outcast I am. The amount of gold in the Treasures Room was quite breathtaking, but even its luster couldn't get me excited. On a positive note, I traveled alone on the bus for the first time and successfully made it from Point A to Point B. For that, I get a pat on the back.
Another photographic souvenir.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, not everyone likes the same things! You are not an outcast just because you are not obsessed with special collections like one or two of your flatmates. I usually have to be forcibly removed from bookstores and libraries unless it is closing time, so if we had not had plans tonight I doubt I would have been back for dinner. Verrrry few people are like that and I don't feel weird about it at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think how boring the world would be if we all reacted the same way about everything-then there could be no true excitement or passion-it could not come from within us when it is expected of us. Hold true to yourself and your passions-they are the spark and light that will ignite others attracted to your flame.

    ReplyDelete