Time in London

What time is it in London?

Monday, July 15, 2013

It's a Yin/Yang Thing



Our photo assignment today was contrasts. I've posted a few memorable photos from the Camden Market.






Speaking of contrasts, I'd like to dedicate this posting to one of my flatmates, Martha. It is my privilege to know Martha from previous classes in the program. She's pulled my fanny out of the fire many times. She is calm, competent, and fearless. She moves around London like she owns the place. I take 41 photos per day - she snaps 181. I am afraid to leave the comfort of a group, but Martha has no qualms about going off on her own. I'm afraid to be heard, but Martha is multilingual. 

I have only three weeks to learn a lot of "stuff" while I'm here in London. So how do I get some of Martha's bravado in the short amount of time I have left? If bravado were shareable, I know she would share it with me. She is a very patient teacher, listener, and communicator. In life, there are people you either want to emulate or avoid. I hope my time here allows me to come home a stronger person.

Martha also has a sense of humor. Click on the following link to access a comic strip that I put together poking fun at our relationship: Martha is Perfect

4 comments:

  1. I love your contrast photos. They're brilliant. The top one is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not for nothing, but you seem fairly competent yourself! Great pictures, love your style and presentation. The great thing about your trip is indeed being with others who have strength where you are weak so the law of association can work in your favor. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha, love the comic strip...oh Annette, you're so creative. Love the contrast pictures, I especially liked the shoes :) Give all the cute men in London a kiss for me :)

    ReplyDelete