Time in London

What time is it in London?

Sunday, July 28, 2013

It's My Main Man, Billy Idol










My life is complete. Second to the last day in London and Mr. Billy Idol finally made an appearance. Too bad the appearance consisted only of memorabilia at the Hard Rock Cafe but that's the breaks. I was really excited to find him in a corner with four items prominently displayed. (Again, it wasn't him - you know what I mean!)

We toured Buckingham Palace as a last hurrah and I surprised myself by admitting I would have no qualms living there. My life would consist of lounging on the settee in the music room; the windows would be open and a breeze would blow through; a beverage with a lot of ice sweating on the side table. One of my classmates went so far as to say she'd marry royalty as long as he was a "minor" royal. Which begs the question - is there such a thing? Hmm... Some have referred to Billy Idol as rock 'n roll royalty...

I did a quick Google search before coming to London to determine how many Billy Idol blogs existed and how I would set my postings apart (so Billy didn't think of me as some creepy middle-aged groupie). To my surprise, there aren't any blogs dedicated to Billy, so here's my chance to write something really profound: Mr Idol (Billy, I would say), your public persona encouraged me as a young woman to find my own style; your music kept me company; and your passion has inspired me. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment